Mobile Wallet Security : Tips to use Paytm wallet safely
While using mobile wallets lot of questions came across our mind, Is mobile wallets are safe ? , will it expose my card information ? etc.. There are lot of things paytm like wallet do it make it secure. But there are few thing which we have to do it ourself to ensure the security of our data. Here are some of such tips.
1.Use Application lockers
Use any of the good app lockers available in the play-store . Also please don’t install more than one app lockers. An application called AppLock is one of the good application locker App available for Android. You can use pattern locks as well as password locks ( finger print too if the phone supports) for your personal applications. You can also lock sensitive social media application like Whatsapp, Facebook etc.
2.Use app password
Use app password facility inside the mobile wallet application. Paytm recently rolled out an app password feature for Paytm wallet. The features protects the money in wallet even if one loses the phone. To set up the password flow the steps below
- Set the Phone’s default Android security password. For that go to Phone’s Settings > Security > Screen Lock > Choose Screen Loc/ Pin/ Password/ Pattern or Fingerprint to protect the phone.
- Open the Paytm app and click on “Pay” or “Passbook”. You will be asked to enable this optional feature.
- Click on Add Security Feature. User will be asked to reconfirm your Phone’s Pin/Password/Pattern/Fingerprint depending on what is selected as the default protection.
Now the App Password is set.
3. Use QR Code to Accept Money
Quick Response Codes or QR codes are unique and encrypted codes that helps to get payed securely. Always Use QR code facility to get payed.
4. Keep Only Required
Don’t keep more money in the wallet. None of security featured are unhackable. Every information you put on web is linked to one another and hacking your Paytm wallet is no Himalayan task.
5. Don’t Save Your Cards On Wallets
Don’t save your card while recharging wallet. It Might be little inconvenient. But It is always better not to save the card info while a transaction. If you need to save cards always use virtual cards. or Debit cards With less money in it.