Blogger to wordpress conversion
Many people migrate from blogger to wordpress . As they think the wordpress has more flexibility. But the main problem faced by the people who wish to migrate from blogger is the difference in the link structure of wordpress and blogger . Here comes the solution for this issue.
As we know blogger has a trailing .html( .html at the end of a link) and also a ‘p’ in the page link. These two are the only problems that can’t be solved by wordpress natively. We utilizes a plugin called Permalink editor .
To install this plugin Please follow the below steps
- Take plugins->add new in the wordpress menu.
- Then search for permalink editor (you can download it from wordpress repository and extract it to the wp-content/plugins folder in the wordpress installation directory)
- Install the plugin and activate it.
- Also you can download it from the following link and extract it to the wp-content/plugins folder in the wordpress installation directory and then you can activate in it from the plugins menu.
After activating this plugin we have to convert the link structure to blogger style
- Take settings->permalinks from wordpress menu.
- There you can see an option to set the link structure of pages and posts of wordpress.
- You can now put
/p/%pagename%.htmlfor page permalink and /%year%/%monthnum%/%postname%.html to post permalink then click on ‘save changes’.
We need to take the backup of blogger and needed to restore it in wordpress
- Open http://www.blogger.com/home and login to blogger account.
- Click on the blog title which we wish to transfer and Go to settings->other as shown below.
- Then click on Export blog under Blog tools.
- Then click on download blog and save the xml file and go to the following link. http://blogger2wordpress.appspot.com/
- Using this website we can convert the blogger xml file to wordpress xml file.
- Then go to Tools->import in the WordPress menu.
- Click on WordPress.
- If it prompts to install the plugin install it and activate it then select the converted xml file.
- The whole blog is now imported to the WordPress….
The links should be cross checked in each post and page to confirm the links are correct.